Back when Gmail was first launched, accounts were given out on an invitation-only basis. This is no longer the case, but you can still invite your friends to Gmail.
1) Scroll down.
2) The box we need is entitled Invite a friend. In this text field, type the email address of someone you'd like to invite to Gmail.
3) When you start to type, you may see matches appear from your Contacts list. Choose from them, if you want, or continue typing.
4) Now, you can either click Send Invite or Preview Invite. We'll preview ours first.
5) Here, you can add additional email addresses to send invitations to. You can also add a customized note to the invitation, or leave it as the default. When ready, click Send Invites.
6) That's it! Our invite was sent successfully.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to invite friends to Gmail.